Fair warning: this post is all over the place. Each season, I always have a wishlist, rather a checklist, of items that I want to get. Some I'll thrift, some I'll casually eBay snipe or order offline and others I'll have to throw down the money to nab.
For spring, I was inspired by these three looks.
- Summer wedding or "Is this even considered business casual, or is it just slummin'?"
- Casual cool or "Hey kid, you wanna buy some weed?"
- Night out or "So you're going to Capsule this year, right?"
- Summer wedding: A very casual summer wedding but really just going to Whole Foods after work. Lately, I've been really into the idea of having a pair of trousers with drawstrings. But really, let's be honest. These are tailored sweatpants with a drawstring. I mean, I believe dressy sweatpants function in the same category of striped tees.Example: The T-shirt's all like, "I'm just a tee, but I have a little jazz to me that is refined and cool" and the slim sweatpants are like, "I'm a skinny sweatpant that hasn't been slept in and used as a napkin for Doritos." I wouldn't wear this to a wedding, but I would wear this to Whole Foods for a 2-for-$6 pizza special.
- (Seth's editorial thoughts: Sweatpants don't strike me as being in any way appropriate for summers OR weddings.)
Casual cool: Last night's outfit that I slept in after three rounds of 'gritas at Big Star and now need a morning after hangover cure and my friends want Bongo Room but really I'm just going to Whole Foods breakfast instead of waiting in line for some eggs and sexy salad.
Striped tees are so versatile. Unlike a plain tee, you can't just sleep in them because the get wrinkled. The stripes hide wrinkles and stains, so you can easily sleep in them and layer them under shirt and jackets. Roll out of bed and go, bro. Striped-tee-and-anything all spring and summer and fall and winter. All year, baby.
Night Out: It's the kind of night where a date showed up an hour late, stayed for 30 minutes then left me with the check because she had to go pick up a "friend" from the airport.
Some say that women get dressed to impress men. Others say women get dressed to impress other women. I think it goes the same for men. I've been hunting for a double-breasted jacket for a while, and you know I'm feeling the camo anything, like every other menswear blogger. So with the hunt continuing, I'm just waiting to find the perfect mid-weight jacket that I can wear just about year 'round. However, if you want to go hunting for cougars, go to the Whole Foods bar in an afternoon in Lincoln Park. And always get the grab-bag drink special.
Summer casual sweat suits, jean jackets, striped tees, camo pants and double breasted blazers. Those are my jam right now and what I'm looking to incorporate into my wardrobe.
What about you? What are you on the hunt for this spring?
Oh, and Whole Foods, holla at me if you want to fund my lunch breaks, hangover cures and impulse snacking habits.