Photo by Anthony Barlich.
On Gary Cooper:
- "Believe me, he was the best looking son of a bitch that ever lived." If there's one thing we love, it's the impossible style of movies stars from the middle of the 20th century. And if those words (Bill Blass's, by the way) doesn't describe Gary Cooper, we don't know what does. To see the rest of the quote, check out Cary Randolph Fuller's feature on Cooper, which appeared on the cover of Ralph Lauren Magazine's spring issue.
- If you don't know about the True/False Film Festival, you should. I'm almost not sure how to even describe it, but it's the best documentary film festival in the world, and it's here in the Midwest. If you think sitting in a dark room with hundreds of other people for 72+ hours doesn't sound like fun, you're wrong. The entire town comes alive, and there are secret parties and mind-blowing new ways of looking at the world. Missouri? Who would have thought? We'll have full coverage in a few weeks.
- It's happening March 1–4 in Columbia, Mo. Unless you act, like, now, you may already be out of time.
- Heard of George Costanza? Remember his wallet problem? Our guys at Huckberry have a solution for fat billfolds, along with a bunch of other goodies—including a phone for your phone, sweaters handmade in California, and hand grenades for your house.
- THIS SATURDAY IN CHICAGO: Tax-free weekend at the 900 Shops. Here's what you need to download and show to get 9.5% off your purchases. Starts tomorrow, runs through Monday!
- We know Brad's got the word on some dope shoes over at Well Spent.
- CHICAGO: Haberdash is shutting down the Old Town shop. That means—you got it—moving sale. Started yesterday. Here's what you need to know.
- Know of other sales around the Midwest? Tweet at us.
- Our thrifting find of the week: topical Chicago Cubs humor. Wrigleyville? Sounds about right.