Noteworthy Sales in the Midwest:
- Chicago: Haberdash has their sale starting. 20-70% off Gant, Steven Alan and all things worthy to add to your menswear line-up of classic yet modern pieces. Stock up, son.
- Chicago: Bloomingdales has their spring sale with an additional 40% clearance. Seth and I stocked up on some Gant shirting, along with crew necks that are going for around $20 when all is said and done.
- Chicago: Also, while you're at the 900 Shops, stop by the Second Floor and hop into J.Crew. They're having an additional 30% already marked down clearance items. Great basics and shirting for around $10 to $20 a pop. Say hi to Austin, Drew or Raymond. They'll hook you up and find your size.
- Kansas City: Standard Style Boutique is having their Memorial Day Sale with around 30% off and an additional 10% sale items. Stop by if you're around Leawood in the 'burbs or if you're trouncing around the Plaza. Say "hi" to Daniel and Angela when you stop by if you're down in Leawood. Tell them Jeff sent you. And send our love to Aaron and Josh once you've finished your lattes at Latteland around the corner on the Plaza.
- Kansas City: While you're down in Leawood, don't forget to stop by Habitat Shoes across the street by the Apple Store. Please. Someone needs to buy those Rachel Comeys before I have them life-flight those babies to me. Size 11 if you want to do me a favor.
- St. Louis: I'm not sure if there is a sale, but you'd be silly not to stop by the Cherokee Antique Row after our latest finds. Bow ties, top hats and wingtips for you dapper gents over at "Retro 101."
- Everywhere: Our hometown hero, Anna (who goes to Mizzou), just launched her Etsy shop. Right now, she's got some sweet bow ties. But you've seen those already since you entered our giveaway. Wait, you haven't? Well get on it. We're picking a winner soon.
We usually don't do this, but one other quick thing for our New York friends (or anyone else). You may have heard about Joplin, Mo., which just got hit by an EF5 tornado that killed more than 120 people and destroyed about 30 percent of the town. Both Seth and our dear friend Cary Randolph Fuller both grew up in Joplin, and Cary's organizing a benefit in NYC next week. (You can read Seth's newspaper column to find out more about the devastation.)
If you feel so inclined, head to the Lounge at Los Feliz on Wednesday for margaritas, charity and beautiful people. Details below. We have it on good authority that Cary herself will be there. Lucky you.