Instead, we stumbled across these from FLC International. Limited edition and handmade? Do I have your attention?
HOW TO: WEAR TRIBAL SHORTS
- Shoes: Pair them with a summery shoe, like an espadrille or a boat shoe. Hell, even a moccasin.
- Shirt: Go neutral with this one. A nice oxford button down goes a long way in your closet. Mix it with denim because...well, you can.
- Accessories: Leather belt, canvas bag, maybe something with hemp if you're feeling liberal.
One of my favorite accessories is this scarf that my friend, Marta, gave me from Italy on her travels. It's a great summer weight that breathes and adds a little punch.
Jorge Shorts: We're excited about these bad boys. A great fit for the slim or regular build. They've been rolled twice and will really fit on any build. Seth tested them on his soccer player thighs. I tested them on my runner's thighs. Also, the Jorge Shorts have a nice medium rise so you can kick coin slot dryness to the curb.
A new bag, Jeff?
I never got around to finding my summer bag with obnoxious colors, like yellow or orange. So, I pulled the trigger on this Jack Spade tote. I'll make it festive with scarves or something candid like that.
If you don't have a Timex Camper watch by now, you should think about sacrificing three Chipotle burritos and going for it.
It's amazing. It's classic. I wear mine everyday. The face is neither too big nor small, even on my scrawny wrists. A nice olive does the trick all year round.
- Want more summer accessories? I cut and braided some faded yellow leather into strips and used my big brother skills. Summer zest.
- Don't have scrap leather laying around the house? Ask your friend who's a textile major for some extra fabric, canvas or string. Scraps, yo.
On Jeff: "Jorge" tribal shorts ($78) courtesy of FLC International; canvas wax-dipped tote (Ebay, sale $100, reg. $200) by Jack Spade; "Terracotta" T-shirt ($15) by J.Crew; white espadrille chukka shoe ($30) courtesty of Topman; my favorite leather belt that I've had since sixth grade by Fossil; indigo denim shirt ($60) courtesy of Topman; Camper watch (Amazon, $18) by Timex; scarf from an Italian street vendor courtesy of Marta.
Photos by Seth Putnam.