6/30/11

Thrifty Thursday: Fryes with that

I found my summer shoe.


I've been looking to get my feet into a pair of wingtips that are a little unusual. Something bright and something classic at the same time. I had found a couple that intrigued me over the past few months but I passed up two pairs of shoes...and regretted it. You know that feeling and you think, "Crap, I should have just bought them." Both pairs were Florsheim by Duckie Brown. One was a white oxford...

Florsheim by Duckie Brown
And another was a laceless version:
Florsheim by Duckie Brown

I missed my chance and have continued to hunt for a pair of the perfect white oxfords. Damn you, Florsheim, for making such amazing shoes but not in my size that I can try on.

Alas, the search continued for another summer fun pair.
And the search ended at Nordstrom.

Meet the off-white Frye "James" wingtip.


So comfortable and so slick. I thought I was going to walk away with a pair of Cole Haan's because of the added Nike Air technology, but these Fryes are going to hold up very nicely. More than half-off the full price? Great. By the way, there is a huge summer clearance sale going on at Nordstrom. Didn't summer just started though? Exactly.

On my feet: Off-white "James" wingtip (sale $98, reg $198 at Nordstrom) by The Frye Company.

1 comment:

  1. These are definitely a better buy. Look like they'll last for much longer than the Florsheim ones.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...