Okay, party people. It's the end of the week. And what a week it was. Quick rundown, then you can get outta here!
Tuesday: Sneak preview of Buckshot Sonny's, which will launch at a certain men's market in the Midwest this weekend. Wastler looked like a kid at Christmas as he opened the bats, baseballs and caps that arrived in the mail.
Wednesday: An unexpected invitation to an exclusive party hosted by Sir Philip Green to celebrate the launch of Topshop's new Chicago location on Michigan Avenue. Full write-up coming on that place, but for now, suffice it to say the night was insane. A few highlights:
- Cocktails, dinner and an after-party at the Paris Club
- Gerard Butler
- Miley Cyrus
- Miley Cyrus dancing
- Miley Cyrus dancing in Jeff's suspenders
- You'll have to ask him about that
- Did I mention my quick chat with Rahm Emanuel?*
- So, one of the most memorable birthdays ever
For more on the celebrity element, check out Ernest Wilkins' read on the night for RedEye.
- I'm in Time Out Chicago with a fun piece about a street corner in Chicago where you can get haircuts for $5.
- Jeff and I ran into Isa from Chicago Looks at Topshop on Wednesday. After filling us in on what she's been up to for the past few months since we saw her last, she snapped a couple of photos.
Friday: I'm hastily tossing some clothes in the Saddleback and hop in the truck for a casual road trip with Max Wastler and Joe Gannon to Minnesota. Why Minnesota? Oh, no reason...except that NorthernGRADE is this weekend. Next week, there will be a full recap of shenanigans, characters and adventures encountered there.
If you're in Minneapolis, say hi—and come check out Wastler and Gannon's new project, Buckshot Sonny's.
Now go take on the weekend.
*And by "quick chat," I mean: We made eye contact, and I said, "Hey!" He said "Hi." Then he walked on.