2/7/11

BADASS MONDAY: Scott Avett


I am a huge (HUGE) Avett Brothers fan. Their recent rise to popularity first struck a bitter chord to me (I've been a listener since 2005 - I was 14) and I became protective of their music and my own fanhood. I've grown out of that stage, however, and I'm glad to share them with the rest of the world, mostly because I think everyone should know how incredible their music is. Somewhere in there, though, I think everyone should have the chance to stare at Scott Avett. Aside from playing banjo in the Avett Brothers, Scott enjoys painting, making prints and posters for his own shows, and (not) grooming his beard. If I could have the pogonotrophy of any other human on the face of the Earth, it would be Scott. Also, born in Cheyenne, Wyoming, raised in Concord, North Carolina - Scott Avett is the definition of Americana. What is more American than a banjo? You're right, nothing.





1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...