2/7/11

United States of GOOD Beer // good.is

the united states of GOOD beer via GOOD
Representing the better half of the state of Missouri, Boulevard Brewing Company took the title. As a local Kansas City native, I'm glad to support our local brewery that consistently produces amazing craft beers. Although, I do love a summer Weach from O'Fallon and I've got some Coffee Stout from Schlafly in the fridge right now, I'm glad my hometown took the title. So far I've drank beer from Alaska Brewing Company, Nimbus, New Belgium, Dogfish Head, Landshark, Free State, Abita, Flying Dog Brewery, Bells, Big Sky Brewing Company, Granite City and Full Sail. I think that's about it... Dogfish Head and Bells are among my other favorites that I've had.

I'll go ahead and tack this map on my wall alongside my "To Drink:" list.

3 comments:

  1. I think the list should probably be "the United States of well known about better than decent beer." There are some much better brewery's out there that take a little more effort than "What can I find from each state on the shelf of my local Whole Foods?"
    It is a travesty to put New Belgium on this list, especially with all of the phenomenal micro-brews in Colorado... And Boulevard? Well, I don't really know what to say about that.

    Oh well, Cheers from London where the stouts run like the salmon of Capistrano

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Glen You'll be eating those words when I tell you that I drank a Boulevard Chocolate Ale last night. Mark my words, Glen. One of the best beers I've ever had. It's not a stout my friend, which you would commonly associate with chocolate flavors, Oh no. It's a Chocolate Ale. Completely different taste. Your welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a (temporary) Floridian, I'd have to say that, to me, Landshark doesn't compare to Lagunitas (lil sumpin wild being my favorite). It's very smooth, and while I tend to be one that prefers a porter or a stout, I'm quite a fan of this little number (although it's not all that wild).
    I will say that I am EXTREMELY disappointed that I can't seem to find a bottle of Miles Davis- Bitches Brew anywhere. Supposedly, it's delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...